Thursday, December 1, 2011

Paperback vs Ebook

As we near another new year, we're forced to look ahead at not just the changes in the season, but in the technology as well. Everywhere in the media lately article after article tells us that paperbacks are being phased out, and soon we will have only ebooks to read...

I have to say that I will honestly mourn the loss of having a physical book to open...to turn it's pages, and hold it's place on my bookshelf while I'm reading it for the second or third time. Don't get my wrong, I like my Kindle, but those of us who still love the feel of having a book in our hands, turning the pages on your Kindle just doesn't hold the same joy as flipping the pages of a physical book.

If we must bid farewell to the written word in physical form, then I will evolve along with the rest of the world. But the classics will always hold a special place in my heart, and I will preserve them on my shelf until we meet again in the midst of our adventures...

1 comment:

June M. said...

I too love my kindle but do not want to lose paperback books. There are some authors that I prefer print books, mainly because I started collecting their books in print and want them to all match. Besides, for my favorite authors, I love to see their books on my shelves.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...